Head of Developer Relations
Chainlink is an open-sourced developer-focused blockchain technology. As such, DevRel is a highly visible and critical function. In the Head of Developer Relations role, you will lead the Devrel team to connect with, inspire, and educate developers about the power of blockchain smart contracts. This is a full-time position, but we are open to considering part-time candidates in unique situations. We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
- Lead a global team of developer advocates and technical educators to build an active, loyal, and passionate technical community
- Develop and execute the strategy to increase the number of developers who regularly interact with and build on Chainlink
- Oversee all developer content marketing, from blog posts, web copy, email marketing and newsletters
- Manage the developer journey from website to documentation to tools
- Create inspiring product demos, tutorials, and other videos to use for events and web marketing
- Lead the execution of Chainlink's hackathon; Oversee Chainlink's participation in 3rd party hackathons
- Manage and grow developer communication channels such as Discord, Discourse, Stackoverflow, etc.
- Moderate discussions on the Chainlink forum, ensuring that topics are on point and that questions are responded to well and in a timely fashion (either personally or through the community participants)
- Capture, analyze, and share relevant developer insights with the product and engineering teams
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to launch new services, features, and enhancements effectively through the developer community
- Look to grow and discover new ways to better serve the Chainlink technical community
- 5+ years of building and leading community programs in Developer Relations, Technical Community Management or similar roles
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate to others in both written and verbal forms
- An analytical and data-driven approach to building and nurturing communities
- Experience facilitating sensitive and complex community situations with empathy, judgment, and tact
- Thinking like a developer and have a passion for making developers happy; even better, you know how to code
- A solid understanding of relevant blockchain technology and communities highly preferred
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world; the details of our approach can be found in Chainlink's whitepaper. Chainlink is well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises, such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
*SmartContract is an equal opportunity employer*