Director of Business Development and Global Sales
About this Role
You will work directly with our CEO and CMO to own the scaling of our sales team and help grow the adoption of Chainlink's leading blockchain technology across DeFi, decentralized insurance, blockchain gaming, and other decentralized application verticals. You'll also work directly with global enterprises, data providers, and government offices looking to adopt Chainlink. We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
- Develop and implement a sales process for scaling up the amount of top smart contract/blockchain teams that use Chainlink
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for getting industry-leading enterprises to use Chainlink in their existing architecture and for the creation of new smart contract products.
- Build a world-class sales and BD pipeline; executing effectively on each phase of the process
- Close deals in collaboration with colleagues from legal, engineering, marketing and product
- Identify, negotiate, and sign deals with new partners ranging from emerging startups to multi-billion dollar organizations
- 8+ years of experience in business development, partnerships and sales for top an Internet/technology company
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better; an understanding of the blockchain ecosystem is a plus
- Track record of closing both large and small partnerships in the technology industry as well as data sales to financial product sectors
- Experience building and running a structured sales and BD processes at a growing technology company
- Skilled at communicating with senior executive / C-suite client stakeholders at large multi-national companies
- Impressive deal-making track record of developing, negotiating and signing industry-leading deals
- Proven track record of building and managing high-performing business development and sales teams
- Travel for meetings, conferences, and events (estimated 20-30%)
This role is location agnostic. You can be based in a major metro area within the US or Canada with access to direct flights.
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world; the details of our approach can be found in Chainlink's whitepaper. Chainlink is well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises, such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
*Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*