Chainlink Developer Evangelist
About the Role
This role is an opportunity to shape and lead the Chainlink Developer Evangelist program. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a suite of mixed-media tools and guides crafted for a dynamic and growing community of developers. Through highly technical written and spoken content, you will be responsible for the growth of not just your personal brand, but also the Chainlink brand as an unrivaled developer resource. Incorporating elements of education, development, and evangelism, you will simultaneously inhabit a variety of roles in your effort to showcase the unique benefits of Chainlink in decentralized applications.
- Take the lead in Chainlink’s own developer events making them best-in-class and catered towards developers
- Inspire and equip developers to use Chainlink. Support Chainlink developers when they need a hand, building a following for yourself and Chainlink
- Represent Chainlink at developer conferences and events by giving speeches, doing live demos of Chainlink, and interacting with attendees
- Contribute to Chainlink’s library of How To’s and Sample Code
- Create and publish technical content (blog posts, troubleshooting/FAQ, case studies, and videos) that will get developers excited about the potential of Chainlink as a developer tool
- Engage with the community via the most popular online mediums, e.g. Github, StackOverflow, Telegram, Discord, etc.
- Be an active and authentic participant in the blockchain and Ethereum developer communities wherever they gather, online and offline
- Provide end-user feedback to Chainlink's Product Management and Engineering teams based on what you’re seeing and hearing in the community
- Pursue general open source growth opportunities and best practices, such as bug reports, bounties programs, and sandboxes
- 4-7 years’ experience in the software industry working as a developer, evangelist, or dev-tools expert
- Passion for the blockchain space and its power to change the world for the better
- Strong engineering skills; experience in building web and/or mobile applications
- Strong technical writing skills; ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and concepts
- Social and hustling skills; a desire to get out and meet people
- Solid public speaking experience with a comfort level around coding in front of a live audience
- Passion to inspire and educate fellow developers
- Experience in a developer evangelist role
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Willingness to travel and work irregular hours when required
- Community experience including organizing meetups
- Understanding of the blockchain ecosystem
- Passion for building a developer community around the world and desire to invest your energy to make them better
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more. This is a unique opportunity to join one of the top companies developing cutting-edge blockchain technology while working closely together with a team of experienced senior developers.
This role is location agnostic. You can be based in a major metro area within the US or Canada with access to direct flights.
*SmartContract is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*